Friday, June 26, 2015

Stitch from Stash - June report!

Month: June
Spent: ???
Earned: $12

June finishes:
- Angel Procession (about 144x116 stitches = $12)
Counting half of the design since about half was stitched before 2015.

Not even going to do the math since I was over last month and didn't finish enough to catch up, and I'm not sure if I should count the birthday gifts my wife insisted that I purchase for myself. I feel like claiming a gift exemption is kind of cheating when I was the one who did the shopping, instead of receiving actual surprise gifts. Thing is, tastes in stitching are so personal, it would be hard to buy me something that I want without getting my input, so I dunno.

Anyway, this is my final SFS report so I won't get caught up in the details. :)

I've decided to leave the group for now as I would like the flexibility to pick up wishlist items when I have extra money in my (household) budget, and to sell old/unwanted supplies in order to purchase new ones. SFS is wonderful, and Mel is great to work with! It just doesn't fit with the way I want to manage my budget at this point in time.

My next post will have fun things like pictures, honest. :D

2 comments:

  1. I'll miss your SFS journals but will look forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that should definitely count as an exemption ... if people allowed to pick a wish list and ask for their gifts to be chosen from it ... so why is not yours eligible for an exemption.
    I would be sad to see you go. But I do understand ... everyone is different in their budgeting. If you do have extra capacity for spending then a tight budget might be constraining. Or like when we had the special spending weekends/months falling on those months with no spare cash. Anyhow, what I am trying to say is good luck! I personally will be persevering as the group is a great motivator for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)