Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stitch from Stash - August report!

Nothing fantastically exciting this month, but I had two HUGE finishes so GO ME!

New starts from stash:
- none

WIPs or UFOs worked on:
- Bluebeard's Princess (finished!)
- Spring Knotgarden (finished!)

Amount spent:
Nothing!  That was one of my personal goals for the month and I'm happy to have met it. :)  Still have some medical bills to take care of, so next month will likely be more of the same.  Even so, still noting that I have $25 to carry over to next month, just in case. ;)

To make this less boring, some items I thought about this month were...

Emi and Ana by Nora Corbett
Such a cool pair, I love how they are clearly meant to go together William Tell style. :p

But I don't really need to buy anything.  From my stash, this was tempting...

Chinese Garden Mandala by Chatelaine

Buuut next month's stitching will be two round robin band samplers and my long-neglected Beaded Dragonfly Tile by Chatelaine.  Poor thing got shoved aside when I was having trouble fitting all the beads on 32ct fabric and it's been waiting patiently ever since!


It's stuck there at the moment.  I need to take out that row of beads near the top (see how a few of them are pushed out of alignment?) and try something else.  I think I may turn them all 90 degrees since they fit better that way, but I dunno.  Maybe I'll rechart a tiny bit and leave out two beads per side.  It's kind of sad how they allllllmost fit, but just barely don't.  Sigh.

I'll think about it AFTER my round robins are done!

2 comments:

  1. I love the nora corbetts and if you were to alternate every other row of beads I'm curious if they would fit that way. Like do one row and then the next row do the opposite way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Unfortunately this is just one long row of beads so I'm stuck doing them all the same direction. :) I might just have to leave a couple out of the row since it's SO close, they almost fit... but not quite. Sigh. But I'll think more about that after I get my round robins done. :)

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)