Friday, July 07, 2017

Cirque des Carreaux - update #7

Quick update on Cirque today!


It's not a huge amount of progress because... of course the second I say "I'm not starting anything new until Cirque is done," my wife hands me an early birthday present - Renaissance Mermaid by Mirabilia. You bet I started that sucker five minutes later. :p

No pic yet as I haven't done much, but trust me, she's blingtastic. I was lucky enough to have the kreinik colors used in her tail, but unfortunately, I have two partial spools of one color and they don't match! And she's definitely going to need at least one whole spool, so I need to get to the LNS and find a match for one of my partials...

Also need to pick up the one Waterlilies I don't have because it's used extensively in her tail and I don't have a reasonable substitute. At least the color is also used for Siren and the Shipwreck - also on my extensive to-do list! - so it won't be a purchase for a single project, thankfully. Oh, and I need to figure out which delica beads to sub for the overpriced Mill Hill stuff, cuz that garbage is like $5 a pack and I need SIX total. Nooooope.

I still want to get Cirque done, though, so my plan is to work on goal projects during the week, then bust out the "fun" stuff on the weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a blingtastic mermaid??! I can't wait to admire your lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cirque is looking lovely and I think a blingy mermaid will be the perfect counterpoint to this design. Life is fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)