Thursday, December 01, 2016

Etude aux Fraises - update #4 (and goals)

First up, some more strawberries!


I feel like I'm finally making some good progress on this piece. It does help that the flower in the background is mostly a single color. Anyway, the color is really off; the fabric is cream and the thread colors are a bit brighter than shown.

~~~

Next up, goals!

For November, I said:

- blog about progress once a week - YES
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament #11 - YES
- start/finish at least three other small projects! - decided to focus on WIPs instead :3
- comb through stash again and pull out things I no longer want to stitch - YES
- NO craft/stash shopping, for real, NO exceptions, even if I sell things! - NO, but...

...I ran out of beads for the Bride's Tree ornaments, so I ended up spending $15 total on beads, several skeins of DMC, and one chart from a designer who seems to have disappeared almost immediately after publishing her first designs. I usually don't worry about charts going out of print and being impossible to find, but in this case I felt it was a real possibility.

For December, I want to:

- blog about progress once a week
- finish Etude aux Fraises
- NO craft/stash shopping unless I NEED something for an active WIP

So there. :p

7 comments:

  1. That's going to be lovely. As for your shopping, it makes perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those design from VE!!! The geranium & peony ones are my favourites but these strawberries look yummy enough to eat :)
    For your shopping, don't look at it as spending... more as an investment... especially for charts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her designs are awesome, I especially love these botanicals. I think geranium and peony are both included in a French magazine I have... would love to stitch ALL the designs from that magazine eventually!

      I'm still a bit disappointed in myself for buying stuff, but also somewhat proud that it wasn't a huge amount or impulsive things! The DMC is for a new start for next year, so the only real "stashing" was one $7 chart. That's good progress for me and my habits. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful design, I love VE designs, the colours are always gorgeous!And as for spending....sometime you just HAVE to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making such great progress on your strawberries. Congrats on finishing so many of your November Goals - Good luck with your December. I went through all of my stuff too - helped convinced me as to why I do not need to Stitch From Stash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on the strawberries.
    So what was the new chart? Inquiring minds need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Good job on your goals

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)