Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bride's Tree Ornament #1: Home

Here's my second finish of the year, the first Bride's Tree Ornament!


Any oddly bare spaces are meant for beads, but I'll be adding those later since I'm stitching several of the ornaments on the same piece of fabric before cutting them apart. The less handling beads get, the better! :)

All the confetti was a bit of a challenge, but I finally learned how to do a proper pinhead stitch, so that saved me a lot of irritation with those randomly placed bits of color in the vines!

Working on my hardanger SAL next... should have another finish very soon!

8 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Well done on two finishes already this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your second finish. It's a really sweet design. Knowing what difference beads can make I shall look forward to seeing this one, and the rest, beaded up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty piece. Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sits so pretty.i love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely design but I can see what you mean about being quite big for an ornie.
    Looking forward to following this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! I recently learned the pinhead as well and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Can't wait to see your next project :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)