Tuesday, December 30, 2014

last finish of the year!

Probably, haha. I don't think there's any chance of finishing something else!

After a couple of nights of Good Eats on Netflix (including an episode about popovers that made me get up and make popovers right that second! man I love popovers), I finished A Day at the Beach! Finally... poor thing had been lingering forever and it was sooo easy! I did at least half of the design in those two stitching/watching sessions.


It's the usual terrible picture, but at least I was able to color correct it so it's sort of okay. The fabric is more grey than blue, but I had to overcompensate a bit to get the floss colors correct.

As always, I turned my nose up at the cheap plastic pearls in the kit and attached some real ones! It's hard to tell in the picture but they have a nice glow that looks great with the beads.

It feels so nice to be in single-digit WIP territory again! Yes, I know I've been at 9 for a while, and this brings me down to 8, but... I'm starting Chinese Garden on January 1st so that'll bump it back up again. Except it won't! Ahhh, single-digit WIP land has been a dream of mine for a while. :)

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's such a sweet finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love the pearls, they really do give the whole design a little something extra. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this one. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your latest finish is beautiful as usual. Another well-deserved pat on the back for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your stitching is perfect!!!!
    http://iwantdoonemorestitch.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, what a lovely finish this is. I love the pastel colours very much. It's the first time that I see this little beauty on someone's blog. Maybe I just have to add some new blogs to my reader in the new year.
    Happy New Year and happy new start of the Chinese Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, lovely. I think I'd rather be where that is than here at home with snow in the forecast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest thing, love it! Congrats on the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely little piece and the pearls look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work. Congratulations on your final finish of the year, what a great way to end it. The Pearls look great too.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)