Monday, September 01, 2014

September goals

I haven't done one of these in a while... looks like the last time I posted about my stitchy goals, it was way back in March!  But I'm ready for a challenge again. :3

September goals:
- complete and return the two band sampler RRs I'm working on (already finished one!)
- complete Gypsy Mermaid's tail (and fin!)
- finish A Day at the Beach
- no new starts!
- continue with Stitch from Stash!

That should be reasonable.  I've already done a big chunk of Gypsy Mermaid's tail this weekend, so I'll probably have her done early in the month.  I needed a break after the first band sampler because both of the pieces I have right now are Sweetheart Tree.  I love ST but all those delicate backstitched vines were making my eyes explode, so I'm taking a Mirabilia break for a bit. :p

Here's the round robin pic!  The colors are a lot nicer than shown here, but of course I'm always taking pictures late at night and the lighting is no good...


And here's the mermaid so far... I hated the orange tail at first but it's growing on me.  I'm still not sure about the bright yellow in the middle but I don't think I'll be making any changes at this point.  Probably.


No recent pic of A Day at the Beach, but here's how it looked a while back.  I've already added three of the yellow shells and some of the border, but I got annoyed with it after making a bunch of stupid counting errors.  It's not hard, just kind of tedious...


That's all for now.  Hopefully this will be a successful month!

7 comments:

  1. All of your pieces look wonderful. Good luck with your goals for September - perhaps no new starts will be the hardest to achieve!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I actually kitted up a new piece over the weekend and ALMOST started it... but then I remembered that I don't want my WIPs in the double digits again, so I just put it away in the basket of kits! Whew, that was close. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow so beautiful stitches ..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look lovely. Good luck with your September goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be trying to stick to these and some other personal goals this month... my last few months have been an unstructured mess and I need to get this chaos back into shape. :)

      Delete
  4. The band sampler is gorgeous, the perfect end for this piece.
    I have not seen the Beach design before, a lovely little design.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)